Terms and Conditions
1. The Nosferatu Distillery. (ABN 73 602 238 317 ) of Prospect Road, Fortitude Valley, Qld 4006. Telephone number +61 7 738 540 407.
2. Information on how to enter and prizes forms part of the terms of entry. Entry into the competition is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
3. To the extent of any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and any other reference to this competition, these Terms and Conditions prevail.
Who can enter
4. Entry is open to all residents of Australia over the age of 18 except employees and immediate families of Bouchon and their associated companies and agencies and participating outlets. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de facto spouse, child or step child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step parent, grandparent, step grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step brother, step sister or 1st cousin.
5. Entrants into this competition must be 18 years of age or older as at the date of entry.
6. The Promoter reserves the right to request winners to provide proof of identity, proof of residency at the nominated prize delivery address and/or proof of entry validity or proof of registration ownership in order to claim a prize. Proof of identification, residency and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter. In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
When to enter
7. The competition commences on 05/8/2021 at 12:01am AEDT and concludes on 11/8/2021 at 11:59pm AEST. Entries must be received by the Promoter prior to the competition close date and time.
8. The time of entry will in each case be the time the online entry is received by the delicious brand database, not at the time of transmission by the entrant.
9. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any late, lost or misdirected entries including SMS messages not received by the Promoter or delays in the delivery of the SMS message due to technical disruptions, network congestion or for any other reason. SMS entries via the internet or computer generation and not attributable to a valid mobile phone account is invalid and will not be accepted.
How to enter
10. Entry is via membership sign ups on nosferatu.com.au – To ensure the entry is valid, users will need to fill out all of the requested information on the websites membership field.
11. The details of how to enter the competition are set out on nosferatu.com.au
12. The cost of accessing the promotional website will be dependent on the entrant’s individual Internet Service Provider.
13. Entrants are required to take full responsibility for the content of their entry and for ensuring that their entry complies with these terms and conditions. The Promoter reserves the right to verify, or to require the entrant to verify, that the entry is the entrant’s original work. If an entry cannot be verified to the Promoter’s satisfaction, the entry will be deemed invalid.
14. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify a winner if the Promoter becomes aware that the winner and/or the winners’ entry are of a type described in this clause.
15. Any entry that is made on behalf of an entrant by a third party will be invalid.
16. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process, who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these terms and conditions or who has, in the opinion of Promoter, engaged in conduct in entering the Promotion which is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the Promotion and/or Promoter. This includes, but not limited, to entrants and households using multiple email addresses, postal addresses, PO Box addresses or SIM cards to register single or multiple purchases.
Number of Entries permitted
17. Entrants may enter once on each website. Only one prize will be awarded.
Determination and Notification of winner
18. Winner determined 09:00am (AEST) on 12/09/2021 at Prospect Road, Fortitude Valley, Qld 4006 by random selection in accordance with these terms and conditions.
19. This competition is a game of chance. Skill plays no part in determining the winner.
20. If any particular determination is scheduled on a public holiday, the determination will be take place on the following business day.
21. The Promoter’s decision is final and the Promoter will not enter into correspondence regarding the competition result or any other decisions the Promoter makes in connection with the Promotion.
22. The winner will be notified by telephone or email within two days of being determined.
23. The Winner of prize will be published online at nosferatu.com.au by 12/8/2021
24. Prize will be awarded to person named in the entry. However, in a dispute, will be awarded to the account holder of the entry mechanism used to submit their entry (i.e. mobile phone account holder or land line account holder).
25. Should an entrant’s contact details change during the promotional period, it is the entrant’s responsibility to notify the Promoter. A request to access or modify any information provided in an entry should be directed to the Promoter.
26. If the winners have not claimed the prize by 14/08/2021 then he or she will forfeit the prize and no prize will be awarded.
Prize on offer
27. One winner from nosferatu.com.au will win 1 x Gin RRP $85 of their choosing.
Further Terms and Conditions
28. The Promoter (subject to State and Territory Legislation) reserves the right to amend, cancel or suspend this competition if an event beyond the control of the Promoter corrupts or affect the administration security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this competition. The Promoter will disqualify any individual who has tampered with the entry process or any other aspect of this competition.
29. The Nosferatu Distillery and their associated agencies and companies assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission; communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of entries, and reserve the right to take any action that may be available.
30. If for any reason this competition is not capable of running as planned, including (without limitation) due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any causes beyond the control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion take any action that may be available, and (without limitation) to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition, subject to any direction given under State Regulation.
31. Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website is the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
32. Any entrant found to be using any form of software or third party application to enter multiple times (including scripting software) will have all entries invalidated and any claim to any prize will be invalidated. If such an entrant is awarded a prize and then found to have breached this clause, the entrant must immediately return any awarded prize to the Promoter. The Promoter has sole discretion to determine if this clause has been breached by any entrant. The Promoter reserves the right to request whatever documentation it deems necessary to confirm if the entrant has breached this clause. An entrant must provide any requested documentation to the Promoter upon request.
33. An entrant may not use a third party (including online competition entry site) to enter on their behalf, except where the entrant needs to use those services of that third party to enter due to a disability If the preceding sentence has been breached, the entrant will have all entries invalidated, any claim to any prize will be invalidated and where such an entrant has already been awarded a prize before being found to have breached this clause, the entrant must immediately return any awarded prize to the Promoter. The Promoter has sole discretion to determine if this clause has been breached by any entrant. The Promoter reserves the right to request whatever documentation it deems necessary to confirm if the entrant has breached this clause. An entrant must provide any requested documentation to the Promoter upon request.
34. Any entrant found to be entering incorrect contact details, including incorrect email contact details, will have all entries invalidated and any claim to any prize will be invalidated. If such an entrant is awarded a prize and then found to have breached this clause, the entrant must immediately return any awarded to the Promoter. The Promoter has sole discretion to determine if this clause has been breached by any entrant. The Promoter reserves the right to request whatever documentation it deems necessary to confirm if the entrant has breached this clause. An entrant must provide any requested documentation to the Promoter upon request.
35. If the prize is unavailable, for whatever reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for a prize of equal or greater value, subject to State Regulation. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the prize and prize supplier’s requirements. Each prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use the prize as stated.
36. The Promoter highly recommends a current residential street address be provided when requested for ease of correspondence and potential prize delivery. The Promoter makes all reasonable efforts to deliver prizes to the addresses provided by competition entrants. The Promoter cannot guarantee that any prizes returned to the Promoter due to non-delivery at the provided address will be re-sent to the prize winner. The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any damage to or delay in transit of prizes.
37.The Promoter reserves the right to re determine the winner in the event of an entrant, claiming to be a winner, being unable to satisfy these Terms and Conditions.
Copyright, Statutory guarantees, Waiver and liability
38. In consideration for the Promoter awarding the prize to the winner, the winner hereby permits the winner’s submission, image and/or voice, as recorded, photographed or filmed during the winner’s participation in the prize to appear in connection with the Promoter or News Limited publications, or the advertising or marketing thereof, in any media whatsoever throughout the world and the winner will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
39. The Promoter acknowledges that the entrant may own intellectual property rights (including copyright) in any material created or otherwise submitted to the Promoter in connection with the entrant’s entry or participation in any aspect of the promotion (Works). The entrant does not transfer their intellectual property rights to the Promoter by submitting an entry. The entrant hereby grants the Promoter a non-exclusive, irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide licence to use the Works (including modifying, adapting or publishing the Works, whether in original or modified form, in whole or in part or not at all, to use, modify, delete from, add to, publicly display and reproduce, the photo(s), including without limitation, in any online media formats and through any social media channels, pages or accounts) for the sole purpose of running the promotion, promoting and celebrating the promotion and future promotions and agrees that the Promoter may assign and/or sublicense the Works to third parties for this same purpose. Should the Promoter wish to use an entrant’s Works for any other purposes, it will contact the entrant to discuss licensing opportunities.
40. The entrant acknowledges and agrees that neither the entrant nor any third party shall be entitled to any fee, royalty or other consideration in respect of such licence. If the entrant holds, now, or at any time in the future, any so called “droit moral” or moral rights in connection with the Works, the entrant unconditionally and irrevocably consents, for the benefit of the Promoter and all of its assignees, licensees and sub licensees to minor alterations to the Works which may be required for print or display purposes such as resizing and minor colour correction notwithstanding that such conduct may amount to derogatory treatment of the Works for the purposes of the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth) (Copyright Act). All Entrants consent to attribution by either full name or social media handle in satisfaction of their right to attribution under the Copyright Act.
41. In the case of the intervention of any outside act, agent or event which prevents or significantly hinders the Promoter’s ability to proceed with the competition on the dates and in the manner described in these terms and conditions, including but not limited to vandalism, power failures, tempests, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strike, war, act of terrorism, the Promoter may in its absolute discretion cancel the competition and recommence it from the start on the same conditions, subject to any directions given under State Regulation.
42. The Promoter does not exclude any rights and remedies in respect of goods or services under the Australian Consumer Law in the Competition and Consumer Act (2010) (Australian Consumer Law) which cannot be excluded, restricted or modified. However, the Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with any prize/s except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law. The Promoter is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, either caused by entrant or for any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in this competition, or for any technical error, or any combination thereof that may occur in the course of the administration of this competition including any omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line or telephone, mobile or satellite network failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries.
43. The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these conditions, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the promotion. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
44. All entries become the property of the Promoter (with the exception of any intellectual property rights comprised therein). The Promoter collects personal information about you for the purposes of conducting this promotion but no further use of this information will be made without prior consent.
45. All entries become the property of the Promoter (with the exception of any intellectual property rights comprised therein). All opt-in entries will be entered into a database and The Promoter may use the entrant’s names, addresses and telephone numbers for future promotional, marketing and publicity purposes in any media worldwide without notice and without any fee being paid unless otherwise advised by the entrant. By opting-in, entrants confirm that they allow their details to be used for this purpose. If entrants no longer consent to their details being used for future marketing purposes, the entrant should contact The Promoter on their details set out below. Any request to update, modify or delete the entrant’s details should be directed to The Promoter.
46. Nosferatu Distillery is collecting the entrant’s personal information for the purpose of conducting and promoting this competition (including but not limited to determining the winner). If you are not willing for this to occur you cannot participate in the promotion.
47. Entrants’ personal information may be disclosed to State and Territory lottery departments and winners’ names published as required under the relevant lottery legislation. For purposes of public statements and advertisements the Promoter will only publish the winner’s surname, initial and state. A request to access, update or correct any information should be directed to the Promoter.
“We”, “us” and “our” refer to Nosferatu Distillery, Nosferatu Distillery’s affiliates (these affiliates are collectively referred to as the “Nosferatu Distillery”).
We collect, use and are responsible for certain Personal Data about you. When we do so we are subject to the General Data Protection Regulation, which applies across the European Union (including in the United Kingdom) and we are responsible as ‘controller’ of that Personal Data for the purposes of those laws.
1. What Personal Data do we collect about you and how?
Personal Data means any information that can be used to personally identify you or contact you online or elsewhere.
We may collect and use the following Personal Data about you:
• your name and contact information, including postal address, email address and telephone numbers.
• information to enable us to check and verify your identity, e.g. your date of birth
• your gender information, if you choose to give this to us
• location data
• your billing information, transaction and payment card information
• information to enable us to undertake credit or other financial checks on you
• your personal or professional interests, household, lifestyle, habits and preferences
• information from accounts you link to us, e.g. Facebook
• information about how you use our website, IT, communication and other systems
• your responses to surveys, competitions and promotions
• your IP address and your mobile/tablet/device ID
• information provided to us for your attendance at events, including which events you attend as well as information about access or dietary requirements.
This Personal Data is required to provide products and Digital Services to you. If you do not provide Personal Data we ask for, it may delay or prevent us from providing products or services to you.
2. How your Personal Data is collected
Personal Data we collect from you
We collect most of this Personal Data directly from you—in person, by telephone or email and/or via our website and apps. This usually occurs when you take part in one of our promotional activities or subscribe to one of our Digital Services, for example:
• Registration or sign-up online: e.g. mobile app, websites, social media or subscribing to a newsletter specific to our Digital Services or creating an account to be a member of a club;
• ‘Send to a friend’ marketing communications;
• Sweepstake and contest;
• Buying products or services online;
• When doing e-commerce on certain of our websites;
• Using a QR Code displayed on products or promotional material;
• Events (invitation form or online forms on tablets filled out by our representatives with your input);
• Feedback, questions, enquiries, surveys or comments through ‘Contact us’;
• Any other request that requires the submission of Personal Data.
The type and amount of information we collect for the features listed above will vary and depends on the activity.
Personal Data we collect from other sources
We may also collect information:
• directly from a third party, e.g.: “Send to a friend” marketing communications or a third party sign-up form from one of our partners;
• from a third party with your consent, e.g. your bank or building society
• from cookies on our website (see below - How and why do we use tracking technologies?)
• via door entry systems and reception logs;
• from automated monitoring of our websites and other technical systems, such as our computer networks and connections, CCTV and access control systems, communications systems, email and instant messaging systems; or
• from one of our Nosferatu Distillery affiliates.
We may occasionally purchase the contact details of people who might be interested in hearing from us. Before purchasing such information, we will check the wording used when your information was originally collected, to make sure that we only contact people who have actively expressed an interest in receiving information from third parties.
We may also receive information if you have provided permission to other organisations to share it with us. Before providing permission to such third party organisations to share your personal information, you should check their privacy notices carefully.
Subject to applicable laws, we may use a variety of technologies that collect and provide information about how our Digital Services are accessed and used by you. We may also use demographic information about who uses our Digital Services, which we get from third parties such as Google or social media that you use (we call this “Usage Information”).
Usage Information may consist of the pages you have visited, the time you visited them and which beverage information (or other content) you accessed or provided. It also includes which language you use, demographic information about you (such as your age, gender and interest areas, where available) and which pages you have visited before you visited the current page.
How and why do we use tracking technologies?
We use tracking technologies such as cookies, IP address recording or log files, to gather technical information such as your web browser type and which operating system you use, the webpage you came from, your path through our website and your Internet Service Provider. This is so we can improve the functionality of our websites and better understand how visitors like you use our Digital Services and the tools they offer.
Often, individuals will interact with us in multiple ways and will provide us with personal information in different contexts. We may use your personal information to obtain a profile of your different interactions with us and to understand your preferences.
These tracking technologies help us tailor our Digital Services to your personal needs:
• An IP address is a number used on a network to identify your computer every time you connect to the Internet. We may keep track of Internet Protocol (IP) addresses to (among other things): (i) troubleshoot technical issues, (ii) maintain website safety and security, (iii) restrict access to our Digital Services to certain users, (iv) track location and behaviour, analyse, segment and target advertising to customers, and, (iv) better understand how our Digital Services are utilised e.g. using Google Analytics;
• We (or a third party on our behalf) may collect and use your mobile/tablet device ID to provide a more tailored browsing experience, to alert you to nearby events or promotions and for reporting and analysis;
• We (or a third party on our behalf) may collect information in the form of logs files that record activity and gather statistics about browsing habits. These entries are generated anonymously, and help us gather (among other things) (i) your web browser type and operating system, (ii) information about your session (such as the URL you came from, the date and time you visited our Digital Services, and which pages you have viewed and for how long), and, (iii) other similar navigational or click-stream data. We also use log file information for our internal marketing and demographic studies, so we can constantly improve and customise the online services we offer you. Log files are only used internally, and are not associated with any personally identifiable individual.
3. For what purpose do we use your Personal Data?
Under data protection law, we can only use your Personal Data if we have a proper reason for doing so, e.g.:
• to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations;
• for the performance of a contract with you or to take steps at your request before entering into a contract;
• for our legitimate interests or those of a third party; or
• where you have given consent.
• When you register or sign-up via our Digital Services: the Personal Data you give is used to provide you with the benefits that typically come along with registration. This includes information on the products and brands that you have signed up to (and, if you have opted-in, to receive information about other Nosferatu Distillery products), the ability to send, receive and personalise communications you select at the time of registration or that automatically come with your registration. For example, subscription to a newsletter, creation of an account, participation in a sweepstake or contest, invitation to or attendance at an event organised by us or on our behalf;
• When you are selected or invited to attend an event we will use your Personal Data to provide you with details, tickets and entry information and to provide the organisers with information to allow them to verify your attendance;
• When you enter a sweepstake or contest we use your Personal Data to identify unique entrants and to inform winners and others of the outcome;
• When you use the ‘Send to a friend’ feature: Personal Data for one-time use (typically, names and email addresses) is used only once (e.g., to send a message) and is not retained by us;
• When using e-commerce on some of our websites: we (or a third party on our behalf) will use your Personal Data to create your account, facilitate the purchase process, manage your order and deliver your products under the contract you have with us (or the third party) and to understand your purchase history. We may use automated decision making to detect fraudulent activity or to secure payment by verifying card-holder details where it is necessary for entering into or performing a contract with you;
• When you use a QR Code or equivalent feature displayed on our products: we use your Personal Data to send you more information on the products where the QR code or equivalent feature was displayed or other Nosferatu Distillery products (if you opt-in to receive that information);
• When you submit Personal Data on the iPads or other mobile devices available in Heritage Centres or distilleries: this is used to send you more information on the relevant products;
• Feedback, questions, or comments through our ‘Contact Us’ form and our ‘Tell Us’ compliance reporting system: if you contact us via an online contact form, your information is used to respond to your inquiry or comment;
When you submit your Personal Data, you may also be given the option (through a tick box or other consent mechanism) to have your information used for an activity or service different from the one you are requesting. For example, if you enter a contest to win a prize, you may also be invited to sign up for a newsletter about other products. If you choose to have your information used for another activity or service in this way we will use your information to provide them to you.
In addition, when you submit your Personal Data, you may be given the option (through a tick box or other consent mechanism) for your information to be used for other Nosferatu Distillery products. If you choose this option we (and other Nosferatu Distillery affiliates) will use your information to provide you with information and promotions regarding other Nosferatu Distillery products.
We may also use your email address to send you transactional or administrative communications such as confirmation emails when you sign up for, or unsubscribe from, a specific registration or activity. We may also use it for certain service-related announcements, such as updates to our Privacy Notice, discontinued features or programs on our Digital Services, changes to our online services or technical support policies.
We retain your personal data in our global consumer database which allows us to ensure that your Personal Data remains accurate and up to date and to share your Personal Data with appropriate Nosferatu Distillery affiliates. To avoid duplication in our database, we may use information about each of your interactions with one of our Nosferatu Distillery affiliates to check whether your Personal Data is still accurate. We will use that information to complete, enhance or update your Personal Data with the additional information you might have provided.
Subject to applicable laws, this may include occasionally combining, updating, or otherwise enhancing the Personal Data collected through our Digital Services with anonymised data we get from outside records or third parties. For instance, we may combine purely demographic or survey information (e.g., age, gender, household information, and other interests) not linked to any personal information about you with Personal Data collected in other cases (such as during account registration).
We may also use your Personal Data, the combined information referred to above and/or demographic information for our internal marketing, segmentation, analysis and demographic studies. This helps us to constantly improve, personalise, and customise the products and services we provide.
Legitimate interests - managing our business
In relation to a number of uses of Personal Data we refer to above we are doing this on the basis that it is in our legitimate interests – or those of a third party – for us to do so. A legitimate interest is when we have a business or commercial reason to use your information, so long as this is not overridden by your own rights and interests. These interests cover a number of aspects of our business operations, namely:
• Ensuring that we are as efficient as we can be so we can deliver the best Digital Service and products for you that we can and understanding our customers and the users of our Website;
• To allow us to provide bespoke Digital Services and products where requested by you, to personalise your experience and to tailor the content, offers and promotions we send to you promoting our products and services;
• Protecting our commercially valuable information and also our intellectual property;
• Preventing and detecting fraud and/or criminal activity that could be damaging for us and for you;
• Understanding how our business is performing and considering how to improve our performance; and
• Ensuring we are able to keep up to date with our customers and contacts and developments in their organisations.
We may use your Personal Data to send you updates (by email or post) about our products and Digital Services, including exclusive offers, promotions or new products and Digital Services.
We have a legitimate interest in processing your Personal Data for promotional purposes. This means we do not always need your consent to carry out promotional activities. However, where consent is needed, we will ask for this consent separately and clearly.
You have the right to opt out of receiving promotional communications at any time by:
• contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
• using the ‘unsubscribe’ link in emails or ‘STOP’ number in texts
We may ask you to confirm or update your marketing preferences if you instruct us to provide further products or Digital Services in the future, or if there are changes in the law, regulation, or the structure of our business.
4. What happens if you do not wish to share your Personal Data with us?
If you choose not to submit any Personal Data when requested, you may not be able to participate in certain activities or use some of the personalised features of our Digital Services. This may also limit the services and special offers we can provide you. For example, if you refuse to share your email address, you will not be able to receive any of our newsletters or otherwise register for our Digital Services. However, you do not need to give us any Personal Data to simply browse our websites and learn more about us and our products.
5. Who do we disclose your Personal Data to and why?
We will never share your Personal Data with any third party that intends to use it for direct marketing purposes, unless we have specifically told you and you have given us explicit permission to do this.
We may also share your Personal Data with other third parties, but only in the following circumstances:
• We may use third parties to help deliver our products or Digital Services to you, e.g. payment service providers, warehouses and delivery companies;
• We may share your Personal Data with social media providers such as Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, in which case email addresses will be uploaded then encyrpted. For example, where you are a registered user of Facebook, we will use your email address in an encrypted format to enable Facebook to find other registered users of their services that share similar interests to you based on: (1) information that we observe about you from your different interactions with us; and (2) the information Facebook holds about you;
• We may share your Personal Data with third parties who provide programmatic advertising services to serve you with relevant advertising;
• We may use or work with service providers, agents or contractors or other third parties e.g. marketing and digital agencies or third party data providers as described above, to support the internal operation of our Digital Services, and to assist us with administering, enhancing or tailoring them or the various functions, programs and promotions available on them. Any such third party must provide appropriate levels of security for your Personal Data and, where required, are bound by a legal agreement to either delete or keep your Personal Data private, secure and to process it only on our specific instructions;
• When we run a joint or co-sponsored program or promotion on our Digital Services with another company, organisation, or other reputable third party, we may collect and process Personal Data and share it with that partner or sponsor as part of the event. If your Personal Data is being collected by (or is shared with) a company other than one that is part of the Nosferatu Distillery as part of any such promotion, we will let you know at the time it is collected;
• We may also disclose your Personal Data if we are required to do so by law or by law enforcement agencies or regulatory bodies, or if such action is necessary to comply with legal or regulatory processes, to respond to or pursue any claims, or to protect the safety or rights of us, our employees, customers, or the public;
• In the event of a merger or acquisition of all or part of us by another company, or in the event that we were to sell or dispose of all or a part of our business. In this case the acquirer would have access to the information maintained by us, which could include Personal Data, subject to applicable law. Similarly, Personal Data may be transferred as part of a corporate reorganisation, insolvency proceeding, or other similar event, if permitted by and done in accordance with applicable law;
6. Is your Personal Data sent to recipients located in other countries and why?
We and our affiliates in the Nosferatu Distillery are a global group and your Personal Data may be transferred across international borders. It may be transferred to countries that have different data protection laws to the country from where you submitted your Personal Data. Your Personal Data may also be transferred between different companies of the Nosferatu Distillery located in different countries.
We will, however, ensure the transfer complies with data protection law both during transit and at the storage location and all Personal Data will be secure. Our standard practice is to use standard data protection contract clauses that have been approved by the European Commission.
Our main service providers for the operation of our Digital Media are based in the United States. The transfers of personal data to these services providers are implemented in accordance with applicable laws and rely on standard contractual clauses as set out by the European Commission or on the EU-US Privacy Shield. Such service providers are also bound by a contract that ensures a high standard of privacy protection and requires (amongst other provisions) that they act only on a member of Nosferatu Distillery’s instructions and implement technical measures necessary on an ongoing basis to keep your Personal Data secure.
7. How long do we keep your Personal Data?
We may store the Personal Data that you send to us via our Digital Services in our databases. We will not retain your Personal Data for longer than necessary for the purposes set out in this policy. Different retention periods apply for different types of Personal Data.
We retain your Personal Data as long as your account is active, for the duration of a contract with you or however long it takes to provide you with the products or services requested, to answer queries or resolve problems, to show that we treated you fairly, to keep records required by law and to improve or offer new services.
We may also need to retain your Personal Data to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations, resolve disputes, enforce our agreements, and similar records management purposes.
We may also retain your Personal Data for a reasonable period after you stop using our services or our Digital Services. After this period, your Personal Data will be deleted from all systems in the Nosferatu Distillery.
If you ask us to delete your information in accordance with your rights set out in Article 9 below, we will retain basic information on a suppression list to record your request and to avoid sending you unwanted materials in the future.
8. How do we keep your Personal Data secure?
We have appropriate security measures to prevent your Personal Data from being accidentally lost, or used or accessed unlawfully. These include: (i) storing your Personal Data in secure operating environments that are not available to the public and that are only accessible to authorised employees, our agents and contractors; and, (ii) verifying the identities of registered users before they can access Personal Data we store about them.
We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
9. Your rights
You have the following rights, which you can exercise free of charge:
You can ask us to:
• provide a copy of your personal data (the right of access) including the categories of data that are used in profiling or decision making processes
• correct any mistakes in your personal data including in the profile
• delete your personal data—in certain situations
• restrict processing of your personal data—in certain circumstances, e.g. if you contest the accuracy of the data
• provide you with a copy of the personal data you provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and/or transmit that data to a third party—in certain situations
You can object:
• at any time to your personal data being processed for direct marketing including profiling;
• in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal data, e.g. processing carried out for the purpose of our legitimate interests
You can also contest the result of an automated decision.
If your Personal Data has been processed on the basis of your consent, you can withdraw your consent at any time.
We hope that we can resolve any query or concern you may raise about our use of your information. You also have the right to complain to the supervisory authority in the European Union where you work, normally live or where any alleged infringement of data protection laws occurred.
If you would like to exercise any of your rights please email us on email@example.com
Your objection (or withdrawal of consent) may mean we cannot provide the products or services you have requested of us or you may not be able to use the services we offer. We will advise you where this is the case. In certain circumstances even if you withdraw your consent we may still be able to process your Personal Data if required or permitted by law or for the purpose of exercising or defending our legal rights or meeting our legal and regulatory obligations.
10. How do we treat children's information?
11. Do we link to other third party websites?
Our Digital Services may contain links that will direct you to other websites or services that are operated and controlled by third parties. This includes links from advertisers, sponsors and partners that may use our brands or logo(s) as part of a co-branding agreement.
12. How can you contact us?
Data Privacy Champion, Nosferatu Distillery, Prospect Road, Fortitude Valley Qld 4006 or sending an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
This privacy notice was last updated: 23 May 2018.